Please note the price increase for all races, effective 7/31/16.
This will be the
only price increase.
3) Cap – The limit for the 2017 Indiana Trail 100 will be 400 runners. It is at the race committee’s discretion to determine the limits for 100 mile, 100k, and 50 mile entries, respectively. We will provide advanced notice if we decide to close down one of the fields due to the maximum limit.
It is your responsibility to register before we reach our cap. The past two years we’ve filled up around 2/1 and were contacted by approximately 200 people trying to get into the race afterwards.
4) Waiting List – As soon as the 2017 Indiana Trail 100 reaches its limit of 400 runners, we will implement a waiting list. The runners will be placed on the waiting list in the order they sign up; the first on the waiting list will be the first to take the place of someone that drops out.
5) No Deferrals/No Refunds/No Transfers – There are no deferrals, no refunds and no transfers for any reason, including injury. However, we will allow runners to switch from the 50 miler to the 100k or 100 miler, and vice versa, after you have signed up.
6) Western States – Please note that the Indiana Trail 100 has been a Western States qualifying race the past three years. It is our expectation that we will again be a qualifying race in 2017 but we await WSER’s announcement later in the year for all qualifying races.
7) Midwest Super Slam – Please note that the 2017 Indiana Trail 100 is part of the Midwest Super Slam.
8) Buckles – In 2017, we will again provide sub 24 hour buckles along with traditional buckles for runners that finish 100 miles over 24 hours but less than 30 hours. The 100k and 50 mile finishers will receive a medal.
9) Weekend Training Runs – The Sunday morning training runs will start on 9/4. We'll meet at the Sand Lake Beach parking lot at 9:00 am. The group will run one loop (20 miles) but some runners will go further and some less.
10) October Trail Maintenance - Trail maintenance day is tentatively scheduled for 10/22. We'll focus primarily on the new section of the course while also trimming up the current trails. We'll post an event for this late September.
11) Novermber FA50K - Our 5th annual Black Friday FA50K will be here before you know it. This is our most popular FA50K and anyone running, volunteering, or pacing at the Indiana Trail 100 is invited. We'll provide rolling aid stations for this run. Wel'll post and event for this in late October.
12) Volunteers - The Indiana Trail 100 is known for its volunteers. Let us know if you would like to join out team. For information on how you can participate as a volunteer please contact Jerry Diehl at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more details.
We'll have a new aid station for 2017 that will be positioned after the new section of the course. While this aid station will be supervised by a veteran ultra runners and volunteers, we'll also hav many youths (children of runners or other volunteers) helping out here as well. They are extremely excited about this. Please let us know if you're interested in working here or any other aid station, as each has its own unique personality.
13) Site Protocol – Our website and Facebook Forum/Event Page is specific to the Indiana Trail 100. Topics discussed include ultra running in general but the focus is primarily on our event as an informational guide to our runners.
We do not permit advertisements of non-ultra running events/sites or their sponsors. While we have great respect for those that compete in shorter distance running events or triathlons, our site does not focus on these types of events, nor do our runners. We will remove all material, links, etc., that don’t meet the aforementioned criteria.