3) Cap – The cap for the 2016 Indiana Trail 100 is 400 runners. It is at the race committee’s discretion to determine the overall size limits for the 100 mile and 50 mile fields, respectively. We’ll provide advanced notice if we decide to close down one of the fields due to the maximum limit.
*Please note that you can check the size of the field at any time by going to our registration link listed above.
AS OF 2/1/16, WE HAVE 378 REGISTERED RUNNERS.
It is your responsibility to register before we reach our cap. Last year, we were contacted by approximately 200 people that requested to enter the race after we had filled up in late January.
4) Waiting List – As soon as the 2016 Indiana Trail 100 reaches its limit of 400 runners we’ll implement a waiting list. The runners will be placed on the waiting list in the order they sign up; the first on the waiting list will be the first to take the place of someone that drops out.
5) No Deferrals/No Refunds/No Transfers – There will be no deferrals, no refunds, and no transfers for any reason, including injury. However, we will allow runners to switch from the 50 miler to 100 miler, and vice versa, after you have signed up.
6) Western States – Please note that the 2016 Indiana Trail 100 is a 2017 Western States
7) Volunteers – The Indiana Trail 100 is known for its volunteers. Let us know if you would like to join our team. For information on how you can participate as a volunteer please contact Jerry Diehl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re currently looking for volunteers to assist with set up/tear down, registration, aid stations, shuttle van/drop bag logistics, manual scoring (Finish Line), and course sweeping. If any of those volunteer positions sound appealing and you wish to give back to the ultra running community please contact Jerry.
8) Western States – Please note that the 2016 Indiana Trail 100 is a 2017 Western States
9) Midwest Super Slam – Please note that the 2016 Indiana Trail 100 is part of the
2016 Midwest Super Slam.
10) Buckles – We’ll again provide sub-24 hour buckles, along with traditional buckles for runners that finish over 24 hours but less than 30 hours. The 50 mile finishers (or 100 mile runners that complete at least 50 miles but not 100 miles in the allotted 30 hours) will receive a medal.
11) Training Runs – Please note that we will have weekend training runs every Saturday until two weeks before the 2016 Indiana Trail 100. The weekend training runs are very popular and a good way for those to check out the course and train/receive advice from several local ultra runners. We typically see ultra runners from all over the Midwest (and Canada) on our course during the winter months.
The Saturday training runs start at 9:00 a.m. (EST) from the Sand Lake Beach parking lot.
12) Tailwind – We’re very pleased to announce that Tailwind will be the official and exclusive electrolyte drink of the Indiana Trail 100. We’ll have Tailwind at each aid station, along with water, soft drinks, and coffee.
For more product details, please see the attached link:
13) Hotel/Camping Options – Below are links to where many of our runners have stayed and will stay for the weekend of the Indiana Trail 100:
Holiday Inn Express of Kendallville!
Brick Ark Inn
Chain O' Lakes State Park
There will be tent camping (non-electrical) available right next to the start/finish line beginning on Friday before the race. This will be on a first come, first served basis. Please note that you must leave your car in the parking lot if you are tent camping.
Electrical campsites in the COL campground will be plentiful for campers or RV’s. The campground is less than ¼ mile from the start/finish line and also has access to showers.
14) Website – If you have any questions about the Indiana Trail 100 that can’t be found in these monthly announcements, most answers can be found on our website at http://www.indianatrail100.com/
While we’re happy to answer your questions, we won’t always be able to respond quickly, particularly as we get closer to the race date.
That is why we hope that you find the monthly announcements and website information helpful.
15) Sponsors/Supporters – The Indiana Trail 100 is fortunate to have incredible partnerships with our sponsors and supporters – City Chevrolet, Culligan Water of Columbia City, Fort Wayne Metals, GU, Indiana Trail Running, Jameson Coffee, Parkview Health, Running Around Screen Printing, Salomon, Speedgoat Karl’s 100 Mile Blend, SportOne, Tailwind Nutrition, Three Rivers Running Company, 2Toms, and Whitley Chiropractic & Wellness Center.
16) Site Protocol – Our website and Facebook Forum/Event Page is specific to the Indiana Trail 100. Topics discussed include ultra running in general but the focus is primarily on our event as an informational guide to our runners.
We do not permit advertisements of non-ultra running events/sites, nor their sponsors. While we have great respect for those that compete in shorter distance running events or triathlons, our site does not focus on these types of events, nor do our runners. We will remove all material, links, etc., that don’t meet the aforementioned criteria.