- YouTube of Course
- EVENT SCHEDULE
- TRAINING PROGRAMS
- EVENT CONTACTS
- Road Runners Club of America
- MIDWEST GRAND SLAM OF ULTRARUNNING
We are very pleased to announce that the only 100 mile trail race in the state of Indiana will be held at Chain O' Lakes State Park in Albion, Indiana on April 25-26, 2015.
Please note that there will also be a 50 mile race option on the same course with the 100 mile race. There will be a 30 hour time limit for the 100 milers and a 15 hour time limit for the 50 milers.
The Indiana Trail 100 is a non-profit event managed by ultra-runners with the net proceeds going back to the park. We are convinced that once you run on our scenic course you will keep coming back. We will help you achieve your goal, whether it's your first 50 or 100 miler or setting your personal record time.
Since we have reached our 360 runner capacity limit, we will now commence with our waiting list. In the event we are notified by any of the participants that they can no longer run in the Indiana Trail 100, we will replace that person with someone from the waiting list. Please note that there are no refunds for those that can no longer participate. Please click on link below if you want to be added to the list.
Waiting List Link
The Indiana Trail 100 is pleased to announce that the 2015 race will be a qualifier for the 2016 Western States Endurance Run.
2) Race Registration – THE INDIANA TRAIL 100 IS FULL - REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
You can view the entry list at any time by going to the Indiana Trail 100 website, clicking Entry/Registration/magnifying glass icons for the 100 mile and 50 mile races, respectively. Or click on the link below.
3) Waiting List – Since the 2015 Indiana Trail 100 has reached its combined limit of 360 runners, we have created a waiting list. The runners will be placed on the waiting list in the order they sign up; the first on the waiting list will be the first to take the place of someone that drops out. As of the week of 3/1, we have over 25 people on the waiting list. There is no way to know how many people on the waiting list will make it into the race. To register for the waiting list, please enter online through the Indiana Trail 100 website, under Entry/Registration - see attached link below: Waiting List
Please note that there are NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS for anyone dropping out.
4) ) Pacers – If anyone wants to pace and is looking for a runner to help, please contact Jerry Diehl at email@example.com. This might be a good solution for people that don’t get into the race as an entrant but still want to be part of the event. If you’ve never run a 100 miler before, pacing is great training to go through the night with a runner plus you’ll make a friend for life.
5) Volunteers – Please let us know if you want to join our volunteer team. We have many great opportunities available at this time. For more information on how you can volunteer at the Indiana Trail 100, please contact Jerry Diehl at firstname.lastname@example.org
6) March FA50K – Please note that the final FA50K will be Saturday, March 28th at Chain O’Lakes State Park. Runners will have an opportunity to run up to two loops on the IT 100 course and we will have a few small aid stations set up at the schoolhouse and rally campground, respectively.
To sign up for the March FA50K, please go to the Indiana Trail 100 Facebook event page and click Join under this event. This is a great way to preview the course under simulated conditions and this particular FA50K is always well attended. It’s also an opportunity to meet many of the runners you’ll run with during the race, including some of the people that you’ve read about via interviews.
7) April Pacer Night Training Run – We will have a pacer night training run on Saturday, April 4th at Chain O’Lakes State Park. Starting time is TBD. This will be a great opportunity for prospective pacers to familiarize themselves with the course at dark. We will post an invite shortly.
8) Western States/Ultra-Trail Du Mont-Blanc Qualifying Races – Please note that the Indiana Trail 100 is a Western States and Ultra-Trail Du Mont-Blanc qualifying race.
9) Midwest Super Slam – Please note that the Indiana Trail 100 is part of the 2015 Midwest Super Slam.
10) Training Runs – Every Thursday night starting at 6:30 pm at Dock Lake and every Saturday morning starting at 9:00 am at Sand Lake. Please note that the Thursday night runs are approximately 90 minutes long, while the Saturday morning runs will be a minimum of one loop (16.67 miles).
11) Jackets – As previously stated, we’ll have an assortment of women’s jacket colors. Poppy will be the predominant color for participants, with a few pink and light blue jackets as well. With regards to the men’s jackets, due to an ordering conflict with their French manufacturer, Salomon will now be unable to provide black jackets. In lieu of this, they are providing gray jackets – please see the attached link:
The gray jacket is on the far right. Salomon apologizes for the late jacket color adjustment.
12) Hotel/Camping Options – Below are links to where many of our runners have stayed and will stay for the weekend of the Indiana Trail 100:
There will be tent camping available right next to the start/finish line, while electric campsites in COL for RV’s will be plentiful. Some runners rent RV’s or become friends with someone that owns one, as the campground is about ¼ mile from the start/finish line and also has access to showers.
13) Website – If you have any questions about the Indiana Trail 100 that can't be found in these monthly announcements, most answers can be found on our website at: Indiana Trail 100
While we’re happy to answer your questions, we won’t always be able to respond quickly, particularly as we get closer to the race date. That is why we hope that you find the monthly announcements and website information helpful.
14) Sponsors – The Indiana Trail 100 is fortunate to have incredible partnerships with our sponsors – Culligan Water of Columbia City, Eaton, Fort Wayne Metals, GU, Brett Hess Insurance Services, Icespike, Indiana Trail Running, Jameson Coffee, Parkview Health, R&D Motorsports, Running Around Screen Printing, RunRace, Salomon, Speedgoat Karl’s 100 Mile Blend, Sport One, Subway, Three Rivers Running Company, 2Toms, and Whitley Chiropractic & Wellness Center. We will have a drawing for some sponsor giveaways on Friday, April 24th, during packet pickup. Please stay tuned for more details. You will need to be present in order to win any of the drawings. Please thank all of our sponsors for their support of our event and please check out their respective companies by clicking on their own logos on the sponsor page of the Indiana Trail 100 website.
The course is a 16.67 mile mixture of wide and narrow trails - from rolling hills, dirt, and off camber grass sections. There will be relatively little road running on the course. The terrain and woods provides protection from the wind. Most of the trails surround many of the lakes.
Since we have reached our 360 runner capacity limit, we will now commence with our waiting list. In the event we are notified by any of the participants that they can no longer run in the Indiana Trail 100, we will replace that person with someone from the waiting list. Please note that there are no refunds for those that can no longer participate.
Please click on link below if you want to be added to the list.